Civil and Site Civil Engineering
MECO offers a complete line of services relating to civil site work, plan review, subdivision plan/plat review, site development, grading plans, establishment of building floor elevations, parking lots, site development and layout plans, storm water management plans, quality control/quality assurance, and design of storm water detention systems. Our engineers utilize various software applications/modeling programs for storm water hydrology calculations and analysis, including Inteli-Solve Hydraflow Hydrograph and Storm Water Programs, HEC-HMS, Flow Master, Bentley RAM Elements and RAM Connection, HY 93 FHWA Scour Evaluation Program, AutoCAD 3D and Google Sketch-Up 3D. We routinely work with residential and commercial developers, assisting them as they comply with local and state regulations and ordinances relating to storm water and other building code issues they may encounter.
Our Civil Department focuses on the specialized engineering discipline that relates to general civil, site civil, storm water planning and management, parking lots, drives and sidewalks, subdivision and site development and miscellaneous engineering needs not specifically related to transportation or public utilities. Our work includes projects for public sector clients, state and not- for profit agencies, universities and school districts, residential, commercial, and industrial clients. MECO has extensive experience in the planning and development of 1,000’s of residential and commercial subdivision lots, and annexation issues.
MECO’s experienced civil engineering team can help coordinate your specialized Design-Build project. Let our vast experience, innovative yet cost effective approach and successful involvement with these types of projects work for you on your next exciting development project.
Complete civil engineering and surveying services are available for individual sites, subdivisions and commercial/industrial developments. We are also prepared to assist potential developers to determine the feasibility of projects, by completing Economic Feasibility Studies, and calculating Initial Opinion of Probable Project Costs.
Construction Cost Efficiency (Value Engineering): Value Engineering provides a systematic approach in comparing function versus cost. Value can either be increased through improving the material/good or reducing the cost. This process starts at the inception of the design and will continue until construction documents are issued. The project is reviewed at initial plan development, Preliminary Design and Final Design with plans, specifications and documents. With this information close at hand, the project can be evaluated for function versus cost and how it affects the overall budget.
The design solution will meet numerous and various needs, including the cost of construction, ease of construction, cost of maintaining the facilities into the future, and compatibility with ADA and use requirements. During the design phase, MECO project engineers will adhere to a value engineering approach, consulting with our own in-house experts and with industry experts to assess the design approach and offer practical, long-term cost effective solutions for improving the design. The goal of this process is to generate better design and processes, and ultimately, savings for the client.
Familiarity with Design Requirements: As a municipal and civil engineering firm, MECO offers exceptional expertise, knowledge and experience to the planning, design and construction of civil and public works infrastructure such as streets and roads, bridges, trails and sidewalks, and parking lot systems to serve a variety of needs. MECO offers decades of civil design experience.
Civil Site Development Services
- Conceptual Plans /Site Planning/Master Plans
- Preliminary Engineering Reports / Feasibility Studies
- Land Re-Use and Rezoning Assistance
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Management Plans
- Engineering and Design Services
- Design/Bid/Build Projects and Design-Build Projects
- Plans and Specifications
- Cost Estimates
- Site Grading Plans
- Establish floor elevations
- Layout Plans (subdivisions/Lots – Residential/Commercial)
- Site Collection/Storm water Detention Design
- Utility Relocation/Extension Design
- Land Survey Services
- Planning services/technical assistance
Typical Civil Projects
- Subdivision Development
- Site Development planning for new building construction (coordination with project architect)
- Parking lots, Driveways, Sidewalks
- Utility extensions/new service (water/sewer/gas/electric)
- Step structures
- Retaining Wall Systems
- Storm Water Management Systems and Facilities
- Sediment and Erosion Control Systems
- Storm Water Detention Facilities
- Computer-Aided Design Drafting (CADD)
- Computer modeling & storm water analysis, Hydraulic studies (HEC-RAS)
- Wetlands Determinations
- Soils Exploration and Report (Sub Consultant)
- Archeological Studies and Report (Sub Consultant)
- Permit applications (MoDOT/IDOT/SHPO/MDNR/IEPA US Army Corps of Engineers/Rail/Local)
- Multi-agency and client coordination associated with the project
- Property record research, preparation of easement descriptions and documents
- Structural Analysis (i.e., retaining wall systems)
- Geotechnical evaluations
- Traffic control plans
- Construction management services
- Construction observation services
- Project Management and Construction Administration